Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just Ten?

Alrighty then, TCM has an ongoing, presumably changing, listing of random people's 10 best movies of all time over here, http://www.tcm.com/2010/31Days/index.jsp

My list differs from theirs a little, if you care! Here's mine. Sadly, I'm supposed to include only 10, all of which I have viewed at least once, but I fudge it just a little:

1. Casablanca
2. Brazil (directed by Terry Gilliam; check out this brilliant dystopian vision!)
3. North by Northwest
4. Rear Window
5. Petrified Forest
6. Inherit the Wind
7. Blade Runner
8. The Great Dictator
9. Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to...
10. Modern Times
11. Poseidon Adventure (original)
12. Enter the Dragon
13. LOTR trilogy (Okay, this is cheating technically!_

Some of these could possibly perchance perhaps maybe be supplanted once I view "Citizen Kane" and some other so-called classic movies like "Taxi Driver." Then again, maybe not.

What's your top-10 (or 13) list look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment